ICONO have been providing guided walking tours around Barcelona for years. They truly know the city and all of its secrets, and can be sure to provide the perfect guided tour for you.
Thinking of coming to Barcelona? In order to obtain the above discount you must be client of Oh-Barcelona.com, and book your accommodation.
Get goosebumps with the Barcelona Ghost Tour….
If you are coming to Barcelona and want to experience a walking tour with a twist then this Ghost tour is definitely the one for you. You will become absorbed with paranormal mysterious stories that have been hidden away in the streets of Barcelona for centuries.
The tour is focused around the Sant Pere, Santa Caterina and La Ribera quarters, and is based on the book ‘Fantasmes de Barcelona’. Stories of exorcisms, witchcraft, bewitched convents and records of phantom spirits will be discovered in a funny and entertaining way by an expert tour guide who has been providing the ghost tour for years.
Ghost Walking Tour:
April-October: Saturdays only in English, at 20.30 h // Friday only Castilian / Catalan, at 21.30 h.
Rest of the year always on Fridays at 21.30 h. bilingual Castilian / English.
- Arc de Triomf – This is the start of the tour where you will be introduced to the spirits, and generally get in the mood and atmosphere for the next 2 hours
- Placa del Comerc – This is near the medieval walls of Barcelona, and introduces the Ghosts of Portal Nou. It is this area that experiences Paranormal activity around 8-10 times a year, between 9pm-midnight.
- Placa de Sant Pere – The scene where a deceased person is said to have disappeared in the ancient monastery, which also hosts a church damaged in the events of La Semana Tragica – Tragic Week
- Flor de Lliri – This street is home to a few guesthouses, where in 1950 many travelers mysteriously disappeared… they are still not declared dead, as their bodies were never found.
- Mercat Santa Caterina – A market that was once a Dominican convent, and the place where numerous witnesses have claimed that they saw Satan, when witches held black masses invoked in the devil.
- Placeta d’en Marcus – Here in this gothic square has seen executions and floggings, and since then there have been plenty of paranormal events reported, all with a common phenomenon – the enchanted wells.
- Carrer de la Neu de Sant Cugat – Home to the most famous witchcraft school in Barcelona, in a district where many people were recorded as witches.
- Carrer del Rec – This is home to a ditch where the women of Barcelona had to go to wash clothes during the Middle Ages, and the stories are filled with evil Satanic acts, thought of as punishments for crimes like washing clothes after dark.
- Carrer Montcada – The oldest known residential street in the Born, and home to many ghostly stories including kidnappings and murders.
- Carrer dels Mirallers – The case of the demons, home to a prayer house specializing in the treatment of demonic possessions.
Head Office Times: Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 19:00. Tours available throughout the year.
English, Spanish (Other languages on request)
Price: €11 Cash and all major credit/debit cards. Please note that full payment should be made in advance. Clients of Oh-Barcelona can make payment in cash to the guide at the beginning of the tour.
Head Office Address
ICONO Serveis CulturalsAvda. Portal de l’Àngel, 38 4º 2ª08002 Barcelona
click here for the map
Meeting Point: Arc de Triomf
End Point: C/ Esparteria, 7, next to Santa Maria del Mar. Metro: Jaume 1 or Barceloneta
The tour is available on request, check the calendar for exact timing.
Oh-Barcelona.com Discount holders, must mention it when you contact ICONO to redeem your 10% Discount. Length of Tour: 2 hours.
How to book with Oh-Barcelona.com
Save up to 30 % with our Oh-Barcelona.com discounts, click here!
How to book with Icono
Telephone: (+34) 93 410 1405 or (+34) 93 410 8499
Fax: (+34) 93 410 8588
Is this the company you are promoting on your website for Barcelona Ghost Tours?
No, this is a different business, with whom we don’t have dealings. The company we partner with and recommend for ghost tours is actually called ICONO. You can find out more about them here: http://www.oh-barcelona.com/en/blog/?s=ghost+tours and at their website: http://www.iconoserveis.com/index.php?lang=english
My wife and I are in Barcelona for 2 nights Jan 5th and Jan 6th 2013
We always do a ghost tour wherever we go and would like to do one on either of these nights preferably the 5th. Can you help us with this?
Thank you in advance
As you’ll see on the webpage for the Ghost Tour, there will unfortunately not be a tour running on either of the nights you mentioned, with the closest available date being the 11th of January.
We hope you will be able to find an alternative or enjoy exploring the haunted streets on your own.
Enjoy the trip and please let us know if you have any other questions!
Hi, we are three Australian tourists that have arrived in Barcelona today and leave on Tuesday. We would like to do the Ghost Tour either tonight or tomorrow night, would that be possible? Thanks
I’m afraid this tour only runs on friday nights. Here is their website for more details including a variety of other tours provided by ICONO.